June 19, 2011 § 1 Comment
There are a lot of reasons I love my Dad.
One of the reasons is that he was very understanding when I forgot my ID when we went out for a family dinner and made him turn the car around so I could enjoy sangria like every other 21+ up person at the table. Not to mention that it was New Year’s and traffic was insane downtown.
One of the reasons is that he was very understanding when Mary and I got our tongues pierced a few years ago. At first he thought they were fake. Once he realized that they were real, he simply held out his hand and demanded that I take it out. Since I’m a good daughter, I complied. (Okay FINE, I was 20 and very scared of being cut off)
But mainly, I love my Dad because he is the greatest person I know. I could talk for days about how proud I am of all of his achievements and how inspirational I find him, but I won’t. I can’t really put into words how much I love my Dad. He is the ultimate example of where hard work will take you in life. He came to America decades ago, earned a masters and PhD in electrical engineering while getting married and starting a family, holds countless patents with GM, and started two very successful companies.
Beyond all of his achievements though, he is just a great Dad. He is always willing to give us advice about anything, willing to support us in the pursuit of our dreams, and always, always makes sure we know how much he loves us.
I truly feel blessed to have the Dad I have.
Happy Father’s Day Daddio! I love you sooo much!
And Happy 15th Birthday to my baby sister Libby! Isn’t she gorgeous?
I still remember the day you were born you little n00b!
May 8, 2011 § Leave a comment
Your sense of humor
Your wonderful cooking
Your willingness to wake up at the crack of dawn and take me to the airport
Your flawless skin (even if you were ignoring me during this picture to talk on the phone to someone else)
Are just a few of the many, many things that I love you for.
I miss you + love you very much! I wish I was home in Florida celebrating with you!
February 7, 2011 § 2 Comments
1. I’ve been to three colleges. I started my freshman year at University of Dayton, transferred after a terrible semester full of homesickness to University of Tampa, then transferred to Ohio State to be with a boy.
2. That boy? Yep, it lasted! Rob and I have been together since the beginning of high school. We have made it through thick and thin, multiple states, bouts of long distance, and honestly, we are better than we ever have been. I can truly say he is the person I’m meant to be with.
3a. I have a severe aversion to chores. I know it’s bratty, but I hate doing dishes and laundry. I throw everything I can into the dishwasher, including pots & pans. As for laundry? Well, Rob is amazing and used to do it for me when I would go hang out at his apartment, but now I save us both time and have it sent out. It’s so worth it.
3b. I love to vacuum though!!!
4. My nails are always painted. If they are chipped, you can bet something BIG is stressing me out. I’d rather buy a nice bottle of polish and paint my own nails than settle for a sub par manicure at a salon that chips in a few days. Right now I’m rocking OPI’s “A Oui Bit of Red” after this post I’m repainting with my favorite pink “La Paz-itively Hot”
5. I’m slowly becoming addicted to the gym again. I’m no athlete, but there’s nothing like sweating out the days stress and pumping some iron! I go through cycles of exercise. Fall quarter I went to the gym maybe 6 times? Since Christmas break I’ve made it a regular part of my routine. I feel great!
6. I love buying people little presents. If I’m out and I see something that makes me think of you, chances are good I’ll pick it up and surprise you with it. Unless it’s super pricey, then you have to settle for a cell phone pic and a text telling you where to buy it.
7. I absolutely HATE driving and have terrible luck with cars, especially tires! I’ve had it all, from tickets to tire blow outs to a totaled red convertible (what were my parents thinking buying me a red BMW convertible at 16??? They really love me). Once, when I was getting my tires changed, the mechanic didn’t tighten the lug nuts tight enough and I pulled out of the lot onto a busy 6 lane highway and my car rattled so bad I thought it would hit the ground. Luckily, the guy came right out onto the road and fixed it. I’ve been scared to get new tires ever since. (I’m long overdue)
December 31, 2010 § Leave a comment
Well, 2010 was a great year for me. I’m sad to see it go, but for one of the first times in my life, I truly feel like I lived this year up to the fullest. I started blogging about a month ago, so I want to do a quick highlight of the best part of each month.
- January: Gasparilla, a Mardi Gras like pirate festival in Tampa
- February: Played a prank on facebook that my friend Kristen was pregnant.
- March: Rob came back to FL with me and we did a bar crawl (on bikes!) through St Pete
- April: My very very best friend Katie turned 21
- May: My little sister Mary came to visit me at school. We went to Cosi with Rob and also went down to Dayton (our hometown) and relived some childhood memories.
- June: Celebrated my friend Tiffany’s 21st, departed for Semester at Sea and went to Spain.
- July: I spent this month traveling through Italy, Croatia, Greece, Turkey & Egypt
- August: I traveled through Morocco and spent a majority of the month finishing up “schoolwork” on the ship and laying out on deck 7.
- September: Back to school, reunited Rob & my friends! I spent most of the month relaxing back at home in FL and working for my parents.
- October: Tons of Buckeye football! (Which also means tons of beer and stadium nachos lol). Halloween – us girls all went as “shots”
- November: I turned 22! Went home for Thanksgiving & started this blog!
- December: Well, you can read all about that here.
Happy New Year!
December 25, 2010 § Leave a comment
So, I mentioned a few days ago that my family loves pulling pranks. My older sister Christina was the target today. She has been asking for a Louis Vuitton bag for a few months, and my parents finally decided to indulge her. Mary and I were joking around the other day, and decided to wrap a fake bag borrowed from a friend before giving her the real one. It worked like a charm.
She opened it up and didn’t instantly realize that it was fake. She was like “This isn’t the style I wanted, but I still love it!” Meanwhile, I was holding back peals of laughter. Once she opened it up and saw the old candy wrappers, a lip gloss and loose change left by the bag’s real owner, she knew what was up. We gave her the real bag after that and I’m happy to report it was exactly what she wanted.
Now, for some scenes from the morning …
December 24, 2010 § Leave a comment